OT: Method of packaging software for shipment

James Finstrom jfinstrom at rhinoequipment.com
Thu Mar 11 15:03:14 MST 2010

Looks like the zip command can too. No need to change your dev tree simply
exclude:

 -x files
              Explicitly exclude the specified files, as in:

                     zip -r foo foo -x \*.o

              which will include the contents of foo in foo.zip while
excluding all the files  that  end  in
              .o.   The  backslash avoids the shell filename substitution,
so that the name matching is per-
              formed by zip at all directory levels.  If you do not escape
wildcards in patterns it may seem
              to work but files in subdirectories will not be checked for
matches.

              Also possible:

                     zip -r foo foo -x at exclude.lst

              which will include the contents of foo in foo.zip while
excluding all the files that match the
              patterns in the file exclude.lst (each file pattern on a
separate line).

IP: guest at asterisk.rhinoequipment.com