Laptop Purchase

Dazed_75 lthielster at gmail.com
Wed Mar 3 15:51:18 MST 2010

one reference I found says "maximum resolution of 1355x768 pixels".  Whaich
may be a typo but is an odd resolution.  Its probably 1366x768.  I wish I
could make my old Toshiba work.  Its LCD was 1600x1200 on a 16" lappie.

On Wed, Mar 3, 2010 at 3:23 PM, Stephen <cryptworks at gmail.com> wrote:

> ASUS P501J is looking great i havent loaded any linux on it yet, but
> the networking is all atheros based, and the rest is looking pretty
> compatible as well. and performance is decent.
>

> On Wed, Mar 3, 2010 at 2:41 PM, Nathan England <nathan at paysonlinux.org>
> wrote:
> > I ordered a Thinkpad T500 over a month ago and once again they have
> pushed
> > up the shipping date and I'm seriously tired of waiting! Every store you
> go
> > into nowadays has laptops with "high resolution" screens, which means
> 720p
> > or 900p, which is NOT a high resolution. I want lots of screen space for
> > programming and code review. I want a minimum 1680x1050 resolution on a
> > minimal 15.4" screen. Has anyone found a LOCAL store I could walk into
> and
> > pick up a laptop TODAY that is not 2,000 bucks!
> > Either you must wait months to get or they want over 2 grand for a real
> > laptop... what gives!

> Stephen

Dazed_75 a.k.a. Larry

The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions,
that I wish it always to be kept alive.
 - Thomas Jefferson