OT: In Faulty-Computer Suit, Window to Dell Decline

Tim Bogart timbogart at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 29 19:24:37 MST 2010

This is not an uncommon occurrence.  It's been going on since the home brew days.  For a while, the now extinct VA Linux couldn't produce machines because they couldn't find ram of high enough quality to keep up with their demanding tests.  Capacitors are not the only components that exhibit this behavior.  Resistors and more commonly components used in power supplies are very often points of failure.  The temptation to use either cheaper parts, or the temptation of component manufacturers to slightly over rate their components' capabilities is sometimes just too great to resist.

My $0.02