Determin which FTP server is running and turn off non secure FTP

Taylor, Kaia Kaia.Taylor at schwab.com
Sun Jun 27 14:19:47 MST 2010

Hi Keith,
I'm glad your problem was solved!

Hi Dan,
I do agree that iptables is awesome to stop all that traffic, including
other packages that may be installed in the future, so extra bonus
there!
I noticed this small difference in how I would implement the iptables
command:
Using -A adds the new rule to the end of the INPUT chain.  If there's
already a rule in INPUT that would match and ACCEPT, then adding that
rule to the end would be useless because iptables would never get to
that line to drop all port 21.  By using -I (to insert it at the top)
instead of -A, this problem is completely avoided:

iptables -A INPUT -p tcp --dport 21 -j REJECT
changes to:
iptables -I INPUT -p tcp --dport 21 -j REJECT

Regards,
Kaia Taylor
DevSA  group  --  tis-dco-devsa - jumpword devsa
http://dco-sps.schwab.com/sites/devsa/welcome
<http://dco-sps.schwab.com/sites/devsa/welcome>  desk 602-977-5157 pager
6025785439 at vtext.com or white pages
<blocked::http://wp.schwab.com/pogo/searchpopup.do?applicationFrom=OTHER
S&searchOn=LAST_FIRST_ATTR&searchValue=Taylor, kaia>  All e-mail sent to
or from this address will be received by the Charles Schwab corporate
e-mail system and is subject to archival and review by someone other
than the recipient.