Add/Remove/Start/Stop services on CentOS

Kevin Fries kfries6 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 25 12:25:01 MST 2010

Not only that, he even has old information on service startup.  Depending on
the age of his OS, it may not be using sysv scripts to startup, newer Ubuntu
and Fedora systems use upstart.  So, on newer systems, he has even more
facts wrong.  All he stated was Fedora, not which service he wanted to
start, or which version of Fedora he wanted to start it on.

Upstart simplifies things allot.  But only for services converted already,
on OSes with it installed.

Kevin Fries