Slightly OT but also funny as hell.

Bryan O'Neal Bryan.ONeal at TheONealAndAssociates.com
Sun Jun 13 06:47:32 MST 2010

Personally I would take it apart (particularly the keyboard) vacuum
completely, spot clean with solvent where required (water, alcohol,
best buy computer cleaner, whatever), dry, and then (optionally) apply
a very thin amount of bug repelling gel to non critical areas, such as
just in outer case near the vents, side of the battery enclosure, edge
of the keyboard, etc. This last step is more for psychology since the
gel will stop being effective in a few days and will leave a residue
that will need to be cleaned up latter. However the final step would
be to tell her to get a pest control person for the house (or just do
it her self, but she has not done so so far so I am guessing she needs
professional help to debug the place). Bugs don't typical bread in
laptops.