How to shrink a windows partition to make more room for Linux?

kitepilot at kitepilot.com kitepilot at kitepilot.com
Wed Jun 9 06:32:30 MST 2010

What I have (lazily) done in the past, is:
I backup what I don't want, to lose then,
I verify that I backed up what I don't want, to lose then,
I assure that my backups are OK, AND THEN!   :)

I fired up a bogus Ubuntu installation to the drive.
I jump through the hoops, define my partitions, and when the installation
starts, I reboot me machine and configure my empty partitions as I see fit.
YMMV
ET

PS: Free advice, you can't sue me!   :)
Did I mention BACKUP, BACKUP, BACKUP...