"Google Abandons Windows..."

Mike Schwartz schwartz at acm.org
Tue Jun 1 11:26:55 MST 2010

On Mon, May 31, 2010 at 11:10 PM, Alan Dayley <alandd at consultpros.com>wrote:

> Interesting.  And makes sense!
>
> http://mashable.com/2010/05/31/google-windows/
>
> Alan

I agree.
(bottom posting "because I can")

If one could use a F/LOSS O.S., why wouldn't they?

If/when I am using a "closed source" OS (never mind apps!), then there is
INHERENTLY more potential for my PC to do what SOMEONE ELSE wants it to do
(a virus author, a malware author, a wannabe advertiser, etc etc etc.), vs.
what I want it to do.

(not even to mention the authors of key loggers... !)

I own that machine.  I paid for it.
(though it cost less than the annual price for my ISP!)
So, I'd prefer it to do what *I* want, not what someone else wants it to
do.

Why would Google be any different?
The main difference between them, and "ordinary" users, is that they tend to
be tech savvy. (and, SMART in general).

So I agree.
--
Mike Schwartz