OT: Taking control of my life

Technomage technomage.hawke at gmail.com
Sat Jul 31 01:59:39 MST 2010

Well,
I have had rather a lot to do this last 2 weeks. I am finally tired of
living the life of
"poor and blind" and am now seeking to change my circumstances.

This "life changing" decision came rather rapidly after an eye infection
set in this
last week (requiring a trip to the hospital).

So, I've been hitting careerbuilder.com and the state and city HR offices.

If anyone on here has any job openings for a blind keyboardist who can
answer phones,
to basic tech support stuff (windows, linux, OS X) I would appreciate
hearing from you.

I am tired of being unemployed and without the things i need in life. So
how about it?
anyone got any openings I can do?

I am having to rewrite my resume to cover what I can do and what i am
going to
get trained to be able to do (thanks to http://www.abil.org/).

So, I implore you, if anyone has any employment i can do that will  work
with my
taking the bus, I woud really like to hear from you. If anyone has any
suggestions on how I
can improve my resume (and make a good cover letter to go with it), I
would definitely
appreciate hearing from you.

In case anyone is wondering why i am writing this to the list... Its
simple; I got tired of having
"given up" and I really want a job and I will do whatever it takes to
get it now. My only
impedance on this path is lack of funds. So, how about it? any takers,
helpers or suggestions?

- Eric (aka mage or hawke for those that remember me).