OT: MySQL DBA job (you are probably more qualified than you think...)

keith smith klsmith2020 at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 30 07:18:00 MST 2010

Hi Rob,

I'm always curious what a full-time corporate Linux admin might do.

You say the position is broken down into the following three areas:

1) 50% Linux systems administration (if you can not work on the Linux
CLI, stop reading)

2) 35% BASH/PHP/Perl programming (if you can not program/script in some
language this position will be a stretch)

3) 15% MySQL (we can teach MySQL)

Can you provide some highlights in these three areas?  What is a set of garden variety tasks each grouping would include.

Thanks!

BTW: I have a friend who works in development at Godaddy and he loves it.

Keith Smith