OT: MySQL DBA job (you are probably more qualified than you think...)

Rob Wultsch wultsch at gmail.com
Thu Jul 29 22:02:26 MST 2010

Howdy,
I am a Senior MySQL DBA for GoDaddy.com . Management recently approved
a significant expansion of the team with positions at a variety of
levels becoming available.

In general the job is not about MySQL. If I had to break down what a
typical day would be like it would be something like:
50% Linux systems administration (if you can not work on the Linux
CLI, stop reading)
35% BASH/PHP/Perl programming (if you can not program/script in some
language this position will be a stretch)
15% MySQL (we can teach MySQL)

In this job intellectually difficult challenges will be common. A
successful n00b will take between 3 to 6 months of constant learning
to become effective. In my experience most weeks are around 40 hours,
which some outliers in either direction. The benefits are excellent.

If you have questions feel free to email off list.

To apply please see
http://jobview.monster.com/MySQL-DBA-Job-Scottsdale-AZ-89648265.aspx .

Best,

Rob Wultsch