PLUG-discuss Digest, Vol 61, Issue 28

gm5729 gm5729 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 28 12:15:40 MST 2010

> it is a good idea to put yourself in hosts.allow before adding
> anything to hosts.deny.

That is what /etc/hosts is for if IIRC. I have a domain name I could
put it in there, but most of the time I just see a digitized IP
address that is dynamic.

You asked about countries.
The link you gave was for email. I am not talking about email. I am
talking about literally blocking whole countries from access. Here is
my /etc/hosts.deny

#
# /etc/hosts.deny
#

ALL:.cn,.eg,.iq,.ir,.jo,.kp,.ly,.sa,.sd,.su,.sy,.za
###

vp

Remember it's not that we have something to hide, we just have nothing
we want to show.
---Keep tunnelling.