The inevitable eventual cost of computers.

keith smith klsmith2020 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 27 13:40:04 MST 2010

The line I found the most interesting was "provide high-quality
education to all of its students".

I think the M$ tax is more like $40 for a Dell class computer.

In 1997 when I bought my first CD that contained RH ?4.7? ?5.2?  Not sure what version.  I bet it fit into 100M or less.  Today?  Everything is bloatware.

I tend to find both XP and Linux have their best applications.  In 2000 I went 8 months running Linux only.  Then in 2007 I tried again.  Did not like IE in wine and did not like the editors for writing PHP.  I run both XP - desktop, and Linux for my dev box.  This is the optimum solution for me.

Keith Smith