The inevitable eventual cost of computers.

Wayne Davis waydavis.phx.lists at gmail.com
Tue Jul 27 11:04:30 MST 2010

Sounds great... BUT:

Until linux becomes MUCH more plug & play, the "average" consumer will
balk.  I am no fan of M$, make no mistake. However, I have, of late been
contemplating moving to Win7.  Actually BOUGHT the  Win7PRO and have
installed it on another boot drive.    It is EASY, It is MUCH more
compatible with stuff on the shelves.  I know, I know,  Linux does what
they do for free, faster, more secure, Blah blah blah...    Bottom line
is ease of use, and THAT it isn't, at least for power users....  yet?
  We shall see.  I personally hope it succeeds.  I also personally hope
something radical and new replaces it too.  :-)