use web page as screen saver?

Alex Dean alex at crackpot.org
Tue Jul 27 06:28:59 MST 2010

As I mentioned in the recent low-cost hardware thread, I'm planning a
'framed monitor' project to display photos in my living room.  I think
I have the hardware side nearly figured out, so now I'm pondering
software.  Getting software to display a series of images seems like
no problem.  I find lots of options there.  But I'd also like to
sometimes display a web page, so (for instance) I can see the weather
report from 7-8 am while I'm getting breakfast.

I think I can probably do this with xscreensaver hacks, but I haven't
come across anything specific yet.  Anyone know of any tutorials for
displaying a web page as screensaver content?  (Or some other way to
get a web page displayed full-screen, without any window chrome at all.)

thanks,
alex