Saw this off Slashdot - 200 Linux machine

joe at actionline.com joe at actionline.com
Mon Jul 26 16:38:44 MST 2010

>> Eric wrote (in part):
>>> That's odd.
>>> http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2357348,00.asp
>>> BL according to this article is that performance is nearly identical,

Joe replied (in part):

Eric then wrote:
> I still don't see where there's any "significantly greater speed".
> The FSB is clocked higher, but that doesn't appear to result in any
> noticeable performance gain. Am I missing something?

The cited article compared (1) a DUAL-core Acer Revo 330 Atom with 2-gig
of ram with (2) a "whitebox" 510 Atom with ONLY 1-gig of ram and (3) an
older SINGLE-core Atom 230 Lenovo Q110. But this is just not a fair
comparison -- comparing

However, the new Lenovo Q150 dual-core Atom 510 with 2-gig of ram was not
tested or even mentioned in this article's report.

The only way to get a fair comparison would be if all three units were
dual-core with 2-gig of ram and compared the Acer 330 with the NEW Lenovo
Q150, not the old SINGLE-core unit with an older Atom 230.

Even so, the article stated that the Atom D510 processor is "surging faster."

Haven't received my unit yet, but searching the 'net, I found quite a few
reviews where people have purchased this new Lenovo Q150 and report that
it is (insert all kinds of adjectives here) fast. That's all I know. I'll
report more as soon as I receive my new toy. ;)