Saw this off Slashdot - 200 Linux machine

Dazed_75 lthielster at gmail.com
Mon Jul 26 13:14:29 MST 2010

I wasn't suggesting anyone had flamed but it did seem like the article was
being considered as not being meaningful.  I guess I could have been more
explicit than just saying I liked hearing the alternatives.

On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 10:41 AM, Alex Dean <alex at crackpot.org> wrote:

> On Jul 26, 2010, at 12:05 PM, Dazed_75 wrote:
>

>> That there are many other solutions to specific needs is just the way life
>> is.  I like hearing all your alternatives, but why knock the article in
>> presenting them?\
>>

> I haven't read any comments which seem overly harsh.  Keith said something
> like 'a netbook would be a better deal', but that hardly qualifies as a
> flame. :)
>
> Seems like mostly people are just adding to the list of low-cost options.
>  I'm loving the comments so far.  The discussion feels very productive, and
> they're giving me lots of ideas to check into.  I agree it's not fair to
> bash the end product of the article when the authors were working with such
> severe constraints, but I don't feel like any bashing is really going on.
>
> alex

Dazed_75 a.k.a. Larry

The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions,
that I wish it always to be kept alive.
  - Thomas Jefferson