Saw this off Slashdot - 200 Linux machine

Stephen cryptworks at gmail.com
Mon Jul 26 08:58:15 MST 2010

CD/DVD is easily bypassed with a 1gb or larger USB stick for the OS load
(which i like a great deal)

monitor mouse and keyboard you can get for about 100-120 total. so the
machine is now 320-330 and cheaper than a net-top which has the same
requirement of adding a monitor. and more horsepower than a netbook and a
17" view instead of 7-10" view for about the same price.

On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 8:44 AM, keith smith <klsmith2020 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> It still needs a monitor, keyboard, and mouse.  Another $200.00.  So in
> reality it is not a 200 dollar computer.
>
> That would be like me saying I can build a car for under $200 and I go buy
> 4 tires.  Can't do much with this machine and can't do much with 4 tires by
> them selves.
>
> It might be a nice LAMP dev box, however that is not what is was built
> for.  Actually if it was a dev box it would need a bigger drive.  I seem to
> recall it had no CD/DVD drive, so it would be more difficult to load the OS.
>
> I think a net book would be better given the cost and use.

> Keith Smith
>
> If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray
> and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from
> heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land. - 2 Chronicles
> 7:14

Stephen