MySQL grant use?

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Mon Jul 26 00:03:52 MST 2010

Am 25. Jul, 2010 schwätzte Technomage so:

> There is a program in OpenBSd that can help with this. its called carp. you
> have 2 machines running, one the primary and the other the backup. if the
> main fails, carp kicks in and take possession if the relevant ip addresses
> (as far as your network is concerned, you never lost connectivity). I am not
> sure of they have a similar command in linux, but its worth checking on. this
> in combination with a live running backup of mysql would mean that you don't
> have to worry about manually changing ip's on the other box, it would be done
> automatically.

There are a couple of such tools for GNU/Linux. Carp is one of them :).

Not quite what we're talking about at this point :).

Live failover is something else we need to add to the infrastructure. That
task will take some effort to get approved.

For now, I just need to get our base setup in order and make sure I have
all backups and monitoring working.

I should be playing with carp and other such tools at home.

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  http://www.LuftHans.com/Classes        http://www.TwoGeekTechs.com/
#  Director of Engineering, FonWallet Transaction Solutions, Inc.