MySQL grant use?

Bryan O'Neal Bryan.ONeal at TheONealAndAssociates.com
Sat Jul 24 10:47:19 MST 2010

I agree with Alex but this just follows logical design of separation.
You dev, qa, prod, ha, and dr environments should be separated and
used for those set purposes. Unfortunately I also know that if this
most elementary step has not been take it is usually due to a lack of
required resources not simple oversight. But even if you do that
should not replace the monitoring scripts or, as you mentioned, the
commitment to repeatable and documented automated operations.

BTW Alex if all you want to do is verify you are in sync you can do a
checksum on the tables in both servers. If they are in sync the
checksums will match - again, great automated monitoring check.