UK Government says, "Dump Microsoft"

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Thu Jul 22 23:15:32 MST 2010

Am 09. Jul, 2010 schwätzte joe at actionline.com so:

moin moin Joe,

> Now, if only we could get a little of this common sense in Washington D.C.

We have a little. We need lots :).

Obama's White House team has been using Free Software. More
importantly, it's been releasing Free Software.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/tech

I believe the Dean Machine ran almost completely on Free Software as well.
I believe it also provided a lot of code and paid for even more
development.

While he was campaigning, Obama released position papers with slightly pro
Free Software stances.

Off the top of my head, I don't know of other national politicians and
agencies with pro Free Software actions.

There is a group supposedly having success getting the gov't to adopt Free
Software. There was a presentation on it at OSCON this week. Search
identi.ca for !OSCON or @bkuhn.

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  http://www.LuftHans.com/Classes        http://www.TwoGeekTechs.com/
#  Director of Engineering, FonWallet Transaction Solutions, Inc.