translating IP addresses into city/state/country

Lisa Kachold lisakachold at obnosis.com
Wed Jul 21 05:24:28 MST 2010

Thanks I will check it out!

--rouge top posters RULE!

On Tue, Jul 20, 2010 at 7:23 PM, Bryan O'Neal <
Bryan.ONeal at theonealandassociates.com> wrote:

> I should mention GeoIP has a free service that, again, will put you in the
> zip code 90% of the time and in the city 98%-99% of the time
>

> On Tue, Jul 20, 2010 at 6:20 PM, keith smith <klsmith2020 at yahoo.com>wrote:
>

>> I'm using the non paid non registered version.  Seems to be working
>> great.  We do maybe 100 - 300 inquiries a day I would guess.
>>
>> Seems to be relatively accurate also.
>>
>> Thanks for your feedback.
>>
>> ------------------------
>> Keith Smith
>>
>> --- On *Mon, 7/19/10, Bryan O'Neal <Bryan.ONeal at TheONealAndAssociates.com
>> >* wrote:
>>

>> From: Bryan O'Neal <Bryan.ONeal at TheONealAndAssociates.com>
>> Subject: Re: translating IP addresses into city/state/country
>> To: "Main PLUG discussion list" <plug-discuss at lists.plug.phoenix.az.us>
>> Date: Monday, July 19, 2010, 4:01 PM
>>

>> GeoIP is quite trustworthy - the more you pay them the better the DB you
>> get is but the free one was typically in the correct zipcode and almost
>> always in the correct city.  I believe they are run by MaxMind now and plug
>> directly into what ever your using through Apache.
>>
>> On Mon, Jul 19, 2010 at 2:20 PM, keith smith <klsmith2020 at yahoo.com<http://mc/compose?to=klsmith2020@yahoo.com>
>> > wrote:
>>

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I am looking at translating IP addresses into city/state/country.
>>>
>>> I found this service http://www.geoplugin.com/ however I do not know who
>>> to trust.
>>>
>>> Any suggestions?
>>>
>>> Thanks!

>> -----Inline Attachment Follows-----

Office: (480)307-8712
AT&T: (503)754-4452

"The war of good and evil present in all religions does not always end, in
every faith, with the victory of good, but in every one it establishes a
clear order of existence. The sacred as well as the profane rests on that
universal order.."
--Stanislav Lem