App Engine?

Bryan O'Neal Bryan.ONeal at TheONealAndAssociates.com
Wed Jul 14 21:01:46 MST 2010

<<SNIP>

>> When was the last time your app generated <100ms response times doing
>> multiple PKI operations on 4M-40M files while sustaining >2000
>> requests/minute on <10 commodity servers with no special hardware?
>
> I give up.  You are awesome.

BTW for me that would be a year ago when I had a set of app servers -
Tomcat - asynchronous replication - 3 app servers 5 web servers 2 DB
servers, and the second db server one never factored in. The web
servers were godady shared VM's the others were dedicated VM's

Though we only had a few 40Mb+ files and those were videos streamed
from a farm of Darwin streaming servers -2 to be precises, also
godady. And 2000+ requests a minuet was only during testing. Never say
that kind of load in full production. Also, to be very clear, <100ms
was response to the Apache servers not to the client. We would have
required a phenomenal pipe to test that.