OT: Anyone Interested in an Apple Newton??

Technomage technomage.hawke at gmail.com
Sun Jul 11 20:45:10 MST 2010

here's the proceedure I found:
The user's guide for earlier versions of the Apple MessagePad stated
that the MessagePad could be sent in for service to have the password
removed. That is incorrect. There is no supported method for removing or
resetting the password and preserving the data and user settings on
Apple MessagePads.

The following method, called a hard reset, will remove the password, but
will also result in the loss of all user's data and settings:
1. Press and hold down the power switch.
2. Press the reset switch inside the battery compartment.
3. When a warning dialog is presented on the screen, release the power
switch.
4. Follow instructions presented by the warning dialog.
5. All data and user settings, including the password, will be
erased.Any System Update installed is NOT erased.