Hmmmm? VirtualBox doesn't like Intel?

kitepilot at kitepilot.com kitepilot at kitepilot.com
Sun Jul 4 07:53:16 MST 2010

Sometime ago I got to virtualize this bare-metal WinXP laptop under *Ubuntu
and I was happy.
Later on, the performance proved to be unbearable (processor pegged at 100%
load 100% of the time) and I was unhappy.

Life went on.
Bug went itching...
Geek sprung into action and:
I vdi(ed) the laptop's HD and fired up a run-of-mill VM and...
surprise, surprise...

VirtualBox running in this AMD-64 processor (not sure what, research still
not in full swing) runs my Virtual XP juuuuust fiiiine...

Same VM running on the Intel "Core Duo" of the laptop, SUUUUCKS! 100%... :(

4GB RAM both machines, *Ubuntu 10.04.
Does this make any sense?
ET