Why doesn't hardware detection find my printer? Solved

Lisa Kachold lisakachold at obnosis.com
Fri Jan 29 16:47:51 MST 2010

Great! I was looking through the docs last night and didn't see it.

Of course, I didn't have the Mandriva part, or the KDE 3.4 info.

It's generally good to add as much technically specific version and
hardware information as possible when asking questions.

Also, could you please share the URL; since this list is moderated,
and others search PLUG archives for solutions, we want to provide
complete technical information regarding problems, well described
in-depth solutions and cross references to other site solutions, were
possible.

Thanks

On Fri, Jan 29, 2010 at 10:56 AM,  <joe at actionline.com> wrote:
> Found a solution at the linuxquestions.org link below under the title:
> "KDE 3.4 Printer Configurator utility freezes session"
>
> www.linuxquestions.org/questions/mandriva-30/mandriva-2006-kde-3.4-printer-configurator-utility-freezes-session-392817/
>
> In /etc/cups, there was an entry in the file: client.conf
> that was causing the printer configurator to freeze.
> By deleting that printer name entry, the printer configurator
> worked fine.

Skype: (623)239-3392
AT&T: (503)754-4452
http://obnosis.110mb.com/nuke/index.php