Routers

Lisa Kachold lisakachold at obnosis.com
Fri Jan 29 16:43:35 MST 2010

Yes, there are tons of utilities to restore the original firmware.

Plus if it's under warranty, they generally will reflash it or send
you one reflashed and add yours to the pile to do.  Scrambled firmware
happens with power failures, inproperly secured routers, etc. also, so
it's supported by cisco, etc.

On Fri, Jan 29, 2010 at 1:30 PM, Steve Phariss <sphariss at gmail.com> wrote:
> I followed this guide (Step 11 in particular as my router would not boot
> up.)  I believe I also did the reset thing a couple times as well.   I tried
> a lot of things and starting to think the router was a goner... my next step
> was to attempt the Serial port hack and go for a console.  that would have
> been ..... interesting.
>
> http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=51486
>
> On Fri, Jan 29, 2010 at 11:22 AM, mike havens <bmike1 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> so how did you fix it?
>>
>> On Fri, Jan 29, 2010 at 12:46 AM, Steve Phariss <sphariss at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> I had a wrt-600n that I flashed with a wrong version of dd-wrt... It
>>> seemed to be bricked permanently...  I was able to find instructions online
>>> that allowed me to reflash to a good version.  router is now up and running
>>> fine.  All in All it was a pretty easy fix, the hard part was the timing.
>>> Steve

>> --

Skype: (623)239-3392
AT&T: (503)754-4452