Looking for a mentor/adviser

Paul Mooring drpppr242 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 29 13:55:29 MST 2010

Some might disagree with me here, but I don't think there is a really
good linux/UNIX alternative for SBS (mainly AD and Exchange),  I've used
samba + openldap for domain controllers for several clients and it does
a great job for central authentication / file shares and permissions,
but not having really group policy management can be a major issue, and
I've tried a few exchange alternatives, my favorites have been Insight
from a company called Bynari, and Scalix both have good outlook plugins,
which is a huge deal for some users, and I've heard good things about
Zimbra if your not interested in using outlook, but both these can cost
$ and maintain seperate accounts from the AD or openldap user database.

If you're looking for some tips or help setting something like I
described up and can live with their limitations I'd be happy to tell
you more and share some config files.