Routers

Jason Hayes jason at jasonhayes.org
Thu Jan 28 15:02:01 MST 2010

On Thursday 28 January 2010 01:16:58 pm JD Austin wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 28, 2010 at 1:06 PM, John <jharitos at yahoo.com> wrote:
> > You are brave. I'd be scared I'd brick a brand new router.
>
> Nah :)  DD-WRT is very stable at this point.
> It's possible but no more possible than it would be later.
> Always do such a thing plugged directly into the router.
> Never do it over wireless.
>
> Tomato is great also

Would have to give a thumbs up for DD-WRT as well. Had a Linksys WRT54G go
completely haywire on me about a year ago. No amount of fiddling or reseting or
upgrading would get it to work. I flashed it with DD-WRT and the router was
stable and happy for about another year before it completely calved and died.

Haven't had the guts to flash the new WRT320N yet.

--
Jason Hayes