Routers

Lisa Kachold lisakachold at obnosis.com
Thu Jan 28 11:50:02 MST 2010

On Thu, Jan 28, 2010 at 11:10 AM, Steve Phariss <sphariss at gmail.com> wrote:
> DD-WRT allows you to have more control over the OS and other features
> of the router.  You can get a lot more stability and features over the stock
> firmware.  Also, at least with Linksys, the bug fixes stop coming after a
> while with the stock firmware.
> Steve
>
> On Thu, Jan 28, 2010 at 10:44 AM, Lyle Tuttle <L.tuttle at cox.net> wrote:
>>
>> At 10:33 AM 1/28/2010, JD Austin
>> Twin Geckos Technology Services LLC wrote:
>>

>> On Thu, Jan 28, 2010 at 10:29 AM, Lyle Tuttle <L.tuttle at cox.net> wrote:
>>
>> I need a new wireless router.  any thoughts on the netgear WNR3500L ?
>>
>> lyle

<snip>

>> I bought one of those awhile back, no issues.
>> I immediately flashed it with the DD-WRT firmware though.
>> Thanks
>>
>> Why, and where would I get it?

You can buy it from various places:

Newegg:  $`149.00

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833122334

You can also setup Tomato?

Tomato is a router firmware with a reputation for being super stable
and useful.  It features an easy to navigate GUI, bandwidth monitoring
features, as well as a whole host of other useful bits.  Read more
about the Tomato firmware at the official site.

http://www.myopenrouter.com/article/14430/How-To-Install-Tomato-Firmware-on-NETGEAR-WNR3500L/

--
Skype: (623)239-3392
AT&T: (503)754-4452