Need Help Editing Grub OOPS! Screw up...

Mark Phillips mark at phillipsmarketing.biz
Mon Jan 25 10:58:29 MST 2010

Eric,

When I tried setup (hd1) grub barfed. Anyway, I ran Knoppix and performed a
grub-install and all is good with the world now. I can boot the machine with
no problems.

Many thanks to everyone who chipped in with suggestions. It has been
fun......err sort of. Anyway, to recap what to do in the future:

1. Move the drives around any which way you please. Add drives, remove
drives, whatever.
2. boot with KNoppix
3. Knoppix will find your boot partition, or use fdisk -l.
4. mount the boot partition rw
5. run grub-install
6. reboot.

Thanks to all again!