Need Help Editing Grub

kitepilot at kitepilot.com kitepilot at kitepilot.com
Sun Jan 24 15:58:13 MST 2010

>> 1. How do I change grub on the Linux drive (hdb) to say "the ...
If you are running GRUB 0.XX (GRUB 1.XX is different):
Boot your Debian machine and as root run:
grub
root (hd1,0)
root (hd1)
It should answer that it found the stages, verify that there are no errors.
quit

Then take a backup of /boot/grub/menu.lst and and make sure that everything
is either using UUID(s) or labels or every reference to hd1,0 is converted
to hd0,0

Verify your /etc/fstab likewise.

> 2. Do I move the second drive to the first ide port, or leave it as ...
Shutdown, pull the cable from the windoze drive and plug it to Linux drive.
Turn on and pray...   :)
Free advice, you can't sue me   ;-)
YMMV
ET