RSVP for Saturday??

Mark Phillips mark at phillipsmarketing.biz
Fri Jan 22 18:05:39 MST 2010

Lisa,

You are right, but there are also issues of 64 bit versus 32 bit (my machine
is 64 bit and skype is only 32, I believe), and then alsa and oss. Alsa is
running fine now, so I am not sure why I need oss, since I thought skype
uses alsa as well. I think the real problem is that alsa is not recognizing
my internal mic. The mixer will not let me turn it on, so no audio. I think
it is more a configuration issue for alsa and my hardware than skype per se,
except that skype is the only app that uses the internal mic.

Mark