Laptop repair

Eric Shubert ejs at shubes.net
Fri Jan 22 14:11:43 MST 2010

Which makes me think, where's the heat coming from? Not necessarily the
cpu. Some HDDs generate excessive heat in their later years. You might
check the SMART data and see if it's been overheating. Although
overheating (up to 60c or so) isn't necessarily an indicator of pending
failure (surprisingly perhaps), it could be a source of heat that didn't
exist before.

--
-Eric 'shubes'