Laptop repair

Dazed_75 lthielster at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 08:27:43 MST 2010

It could just be the heat buildup.  Try to verify that the fan is working
and check for dust buildup.  Canned air works pretty good for blowing those
things out.  You might want to try that first before spending money to have
someone else fix it.

You could also monitor temperatures with one of the sensor programs and see
how much higher it gets with both sticks in place than with only one.

On Fri, Jan 22, 2010 at 6:16 AM, Mark Phillips
<mark at phillipsmarketing.biz>wrote:

> I have an old Dell Latitude c640 that needs some repair work. I am looking
> for recommendations for local repair shops.
>
> The laptop was running just fine with two 512 MB memory sticks. Then it
> started freezing up after it warmed up. If I only use one memory stick, it
> works just fine, although a little slow. I ran the Dell memory diagnostic on
> each stick individually, and both passed. Before I junk it, I thought I
> would see how much it would cost to fix it.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mark

Dazed_75 a.k.a. Larry

The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions,
that I wish it always to be kept alive.
 - Thomas Jefferson