OT: hardware

Technomage technomage.hawke at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 09:40:43 MST 2010

I noticed one thing missing in that check: the ram. some of the newer
machines won't post or even report
an error code anymore (series of beeps or blinking lights). have you
checked to see if the ram is still good?
was the beep a short single or a long single? was there more than one?

also, the simplest thing that can go wrong is usually a PSU failure (and
depending on how it goes it *can*
tank the motherboard or the cpu or any peripherals you have connected).