HackFest Series: Presentation Interweb Exposed Tuesday January 12, 2010 6:30 PM John C. Lincoln Hospital Cowden Center

Lisa Kachold lisakachold at obnosis.com
Mon Jan 11 18:27:54 MST 2010

Yes. that's the same BT4  distro we have been using to build pentest
jump drive boot tools for our Hackfesters every month?

That's the same distro that the existing presentations materials were
developed for at:
http://plug.phoenix.az.us/security

And I believe that I posted that same message to the PLUG list 18
months ago when BT4 it was pre-released.

Phoenix Linux User Group HackFest Presentation January 12, 2010 6:30PM
at John C. Lincoln Hospital Cowden Center

Join the Penguins of the Desert on Tues January 12, 2010 at 18:30 at
John C. Lincoln's Cowden Center http://plug.phoenix.az.us/security/

January is "Interweb Exposed" as we trounce and tackle more of the
common myths of OSI security in a lab format, using tools from Linux
Distributions.

This month we will also look at Chaos, a nice little tool set for the
professional and novice alike.

SSDP, UPNP interwebs, multicast magic, and Miredo for home
"networking" from across the internet using encaps ipv6 ipv4 nat are
reviewed for sheer fun of it.

See you there - http://plug.phoenix.az.us/security

On Mon, Jan 11, 2010 at 6:18 PM, Ryan Rix <ry at n.rix.si> wrote:
> Hey,
>
> Everyone's favorite hack-n-slash security distro's been updated.
> http://www.offensive-security.com/blog/backtrack/backtrack-4-final-release/
>
> It's a LiveDVD now, and based on Ubuntu, rather than the Slax livecd scripts.
>
> Have fun!
>
> --
> Ryan Rix
> Fedora KDE SIG Member, Phoenix AZ Ambassador, News KDE Beat writer
>
> New Mail address: phrkonaleash at gmail.com -> ry at n.rix.si !!
> http://hackersramblings.wordpress.com | http://identi.ca/phrkonaleash
> XMPP: phrkonaleash at gmail.com          | MSN: phrkonaleash at yahoo.com
> AIM:  phrkonaleash                    | Yahoo: phrkonaleash
> IRC:  PhrkOnLsh at irc.freenode.net/#srcedit,#plugaz,#fedora-kde and
>      countless other FOSS channels.

Skype: (623)239-3392
AT&T: (503)754-4452