Is there a faster/better way to ftp?

kitepilot at kitepilot.com kitepilot at kitepilot.com
Thu Jan 7 04:41:57 MST 2010

>> Ok what would you suggest over FTP?
There are many alternatives to FTP.
SFTP would be the natural one (you "know" SFTP if you "know" FTP, GUI and
everything), but rsync over SSH is magical.

I agree that no computer is secure, but in my minimal knowledge, using FTP
is the equivalent to parking your car and leaving the keys on the ignition
because "they will take it if they want it"

Of course they'll take it if they want it, the trick is to challenge them
and force them to "win it"...  :)
ET

PS: The fact that I am paranoid doesn't mean that they are not out there to
get me...