Installing Redmine

Eric Cope eric.cope at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 22:09:01 MST 2010

so far...
Redmine required:
rack 1.0.1 (latest 1.1.0, had to use gem install rack -v 1.0.1)
test_spec
camping
fcgi

I can not seem to install fcgi. here is the output...

ERROR:  Error installing fcgi:

/usr/bin/ruby extconf.rb install fcgi
checking for fcgiapp.h... no
checking for fastcgi/fcgiapp.h... no
*** extconf.rb failed ***
necessary libraries and/or headers.  Check the mkmf.log file for more
details.  You may need configuration options.

Provided configuration options:
    --with-opt-dir
    --without-opt-dir
    --with-opt-include
    --without-opt-include=${opt-dir}/include
    --with-opt-lib
    --without-opt-lib=${opt-dir}/lib
    --with-make-prog
    --without-make-prog
    --srcdir=.
    --curdir
    --ruby=/usr/bin/ruby
    --with-fcgi-dir
    --without-fcgi-dir
    --with-fcgi-include
    --without-fcgi-include=${fcgi-dir}/include
    --with-fcgi-lib
    --without-fcgi-lib=${fcgi-dir}/lib

Gem files will remain installed in /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/fcgi-0.8.8
for inspection.
Results logged to
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/fcgi-0.8.8/ext/fcgi/gem_make.out

Thanks,
Eric

On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 9:13 PM, Craig White <craigwhite at azapple.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 2010-02-24 at 19:12 -0700, Eric Cope wrote:
> > whats the process for installing an older version of rack? 1.1.0 is
> > the latest, but this software seems to require 1.0.1?
> ----
> I think that perhaps something is specifically requiring it like perhaps
> some statement in environment.rb - perhaps that is what must be cleaned
> up.
>
> but to answer your question...
>
> gem help commands # should have led you to...
>
> gem help install # which would surely answer your question
>
> Craig

> believed to be clean.

Eric Cope
http://cope-et-al.com