Openmoko rootkit

Tuna tuna at supertunaman.com
Tue Feb 23 19:26:51 MST 2010

There are several distributions available for the Freerunner. It looks like
he's running a particular distro that came out in 2008. I believe that it
had SSH open by default, and with a fun little default password. Also, OM
only has one user, root (who wants to go through an authentication screen
to install apps for your phone?).

Easy fix on this one: set a strong password for root on your phone (or
just disable SSH). I believe that SHR has SSH disabled by default.

Excerpts from Charles Jones's message of Tue Feb 23 12:19:41 -0700 2010: