Firefox just quit working. Why?

joe at actionline.com joe at actionline.com
Mon Feb 22 15:59:06 MST 2010

.
Craig White's suggested remedy (quoted below) did fix the problem, but it
is still a mystery what triggered this failure.  I did look at the proxy
settings and they were/are identical on the two systems.

I'd still very much like to know what could possibly have triggered this
abrupt failure when the system had been working fine and no changes were
made.  Firefox just quit working right in the middle of a session. Very,
very strange.  And the other identical system is still working fine
without implementing the remedy that Craig suggested.

Any ideas out there?