Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Sun Feb 21 16:01:33 MST 2010

On Sun, 2010-02-21 at 07:34 -0800, keith smith wrote:

> Interesting statement that using a framework for Ruby would be 4 times faster than coding in raw PHP.  Have you used a PHP Framework? And if so did that speed up your development?
----
no I haven't and I am aware of cake.php (and django for python).

But if you think about, cake still has php as its underlying code base
and with Rails, you not only get the framework but you get the OOP code
base and it's elegance and readability which makes it so much easier to
develop with and immensely easier to pick up even code months later
(commented or uncommented) and discern what it does.

PHP is comparatively messy and unstructured. I would suggest that
cake.php is just putting lipstick on a pig.

What you will find is that if your experience is .Net or PHP, that RoR
makes web development fun again.

Craig

believed to be clean.