CPU upgrade?

Shawn Dowler shawn.dowler at gmail.com
Fri Feb 19 07:34:41 MST 2010

Actually, Windows might tell you that it thinks you are using a new
computer because too many hardware components changed, which requires
you to call a telephone number to get a code to make your Windows
installation "genuine" again, but Linux should usually Just Work, even
without an SMP kernel. Of course, an SMP kernel will give you better
performance on your new processor, but is not required.

Shawn Dowler
Information Designer
shawn.dowler at gmail.com
http://walkingtowel.org