A baby-step in the right direction...

Stu wien33 at cox.net
Wed Feb 17 11:25:18 MST 2010

Our students computer use is pretty much limited to online research,
video tutorials, and manuals, etc. One of my first Linux converts, an
instructor who is actually much more knowledgeable about computers than
I am, tells me that there is *nothing* we use in the classroom that
can't be replaced with an open source alternative.
Free software availability is a big plus to individuals, though. Of the
dozen or so people that I have migrated to a Linux OS on their own
computers, most of them take about 20 minutes to get familiar with it,
then they take off on their own. My hope is to have enough Linux savvy
Home users to establish in-house training through a company based LUG to
mainline the rest if/when a company wide migration happens.