Best distribution for an infant :)

Matt Graham danceswithcrows at usa.net
Mon Feb 15 16:43:33 MST 2010

After a long battle with technology, Alex Dean wrote:
> On Feb 15, 2010, at 3:34 PM, Joshua Zeidner wrote:
>>  there was also a really great game called Rocky's Boots
>>  http://www.abandonia.com/en/games/831/Rockys+Boots.html
> You're not suggesting that for a 1-year-old, are you?

Rocky's Boots was a good game.  However, it's a *little* too advanced for a
1-year-old.  I'd second the cardboard box + markers + old keyboard idea,
actually.

I also remember an article in an old Apple II magazine where somebody wrote a
program for his 1-year-old daughter that displayed a random full-screen color
and played a random tone whenever a key was pressed.  A few hours' fiddling
with GTK+ or Xlib or (insert random toolkit here) should be sufficient to
reproduce something like that on a modern Unix box.

--
For every new foolproof invention there is a new and improved fool.
  My blog: http://crow202.org/wordpress/