free long (approx 30ft) ethernet cables

Dazed_75 lthielster at gmail.com
Mon Feb 15 08:13:05 MST 2010

I run the installfests (at least the end of month ones).  Among the
materials Alexander left me are a number of ethernet cables probably 14' and
shorter.  I've never had to use more than 3 of them.  I do use my own 50'
cable to run from the wall socket to the AP/router I set up.

I would not mind getting ONE of the 30' cables so I can leave my own at home
but really have no need for more than that.

AZloco, largely in the person of Todd Cole, is driving an attempt to improve
our installfests by getting some advertising from the city of Tempe and
running some additional installfests.  He may have some need but I suspect
for not more than a couple as he also seems well supplied.

On Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 7:07 AM, Lisa Kachold <lisakachold at obnosis.com>wrote:

> I have not, unfortunately found any organizational process inherent in
> any part of PLUG at a level to maintain assets, websites, cabling,
> equipment, budgets or much else.
>
> If we want them, we must share them via personal volunteering, which
> Hans might not co-sign.
>
> There was a steering committee once, which existed in leiu of such
> things.  It was perhaps a "one man show" and never developed.
>
> I am willing to get these from Eric, and share with Installfesting.
>
> What happens first?  Probably your installfest?
>
> On Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 6:12 AM, Charles Jones
> <Charles.Jones at ciscolearning.org> wrote:
> > FYI I know from experience that recycling places will pay over $1 per
> pound
> > for scrap cat5 cable (not suggesting this is scrap or should be). Doesn't
> > sound like much but the pounds add up faster than you would think.
> > -Charles
> >
> > On Sun, Feb 14, 2010 at 10:50 PM, Ed <plug at 0x1b.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> Sounds like these could also be useful for Installfests too - should
> >> PLUG keep kit for meetings? how would that work & where/who would keep
> >> the stuff. I think Hans has his hands full, do we have someone that
> >> can be the keeper of stuff for hackfests & Installfests & meetings?
> >> (and unless you want to visit the Arizona Central Highlands to pick up
> >> the stuff, I'm not a good choice - sorry)
> >>
> >> or is it just simpler to give'em to a lucky networker? ;)
> >>
> >> Ed

> project

> Skype: (623)239-3392
> AT&T: (503)754-4452
> http://obnosis.110mb.com/nuke/index.php
> http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Arizona

Dazed_75 a.k.a. Larry

The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions,
that I wish it always to be kept alive.
 - Thomas Jefferson