OT: Host recommendations

keith smith klsmith2020 at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 5 10:19:21 MST 2010

I host my business site at GoDaddy.  I find they do a good job and my business website is always responsive - at least when I go to it.  I also have a HostGator reseller account which is where I "park" all my other domains and experiments.

The HostGator hosted sites have been a little slow once in a while.

I would not do business with 1and1.  I had several domains hosted there and did not want them any longer to I let them expire.  I received a collections letter shortly there after with additional fees tacked on. Apparently the TOS says you must delete the domain before it expires or you they are due the registration fee.  Also they do not provide for more than a year to year registration and the registration occurs on the anniversary. This does not work for me since a domain can be registered for up to 10 years.

Keith Smith