comments in /eetc/passwd and group

Shawn Badger badger.shawn at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 11:12:24 MST 2010

I agree that editing them by hand is a very bad idea, but I have some people
that insist on it and they above me in the Org chart.

That being said some of those people want to include comments and such in
the files. I can not how ever just say no that is a stupid idea without
first having something to say why that is a stupid idea.

I am working on the comments and blank lines first and then after they get
used to that I can work on the hand editing portion, but for now I just need
something solid other than poor practice.