comments in /eetc/passwd and group

Eric Shubert ejs at shubes.net
Thu Feb 4 09:24:23 MST 2010

My understanding is that it could compromise security.
Personally, I think this would open a can of worms (so to speak).

If I had a need to document what's there, I think I'd create a separate
file to documents this. Then you could make it whatever format you like.
  For updating, perhaps do a diff between the documentation and the live
file, along with a little scripting, to keep the documentation up to
date a little easier.