How to 'rsync' from one computer to another

JD Austin jd at twingeckos.com
Wed Feb 3 13:50:14 MST 2010

Here is a fairly good example that syncs everything in the /newdrive
directory from one computer to an other preserving permissions and ownership
and deleting files on the target that don't exist anymore on the source.
It excludes anything that looks like 'Norton Ghost Backup' and the
lost+found folders.  It also limits the bandwidth to 500k to prevent
saturating the local network.

rsync -avz --delete --rsh=ssh --stats --progress --bwlimit=500
--exclude='*Norton\ Ghost\ Backup*' --exclude='*lost+found'
jd at 192.168.0.103:/newdrive/* /newdrive

<http://feedproxy.google.com/%7Er/randomquotes/%7E3/G2PjcLJ0ONI/>